Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gingerbread House 2013

I didn't do a gingerbread house last year. Time just got away from me, which is a shame because they are so much fun to decorate. So I made time to do one this year. It's from a kit--I have yet to bake my own gingerbread house, though maybe one day.

Front


Meijer gingerbread house

The house came with: frosting, green fondant, pucker ups, mini beads, peppermint balls, and jelly dots.
I also used some of my own supplies. Coconuts flakes from the snow, yellow royal icing, various sprinkles, marshmallows, an ice cream cone.

Mini marshmallows, green sugar, icing, and an ice cream cone.
Here is a link on how to make the marshmallow tree. The man in the video frosts the ice cream cone. I had a hard time getting the marshmallows to stick that way. I had to dab each one with icing then attach it.

Side
I used the cookie cutter on the green fondant to make bushes.

Side
To make the Christmas tree in the window, I cut up some of the green gummy candies.

Back
The kit came with a snowman gingerbread cookie. At first I wasn't thrilled with a 2-dimensional snowman, but I think it turned out to one of my favorite things about the house.

Like an insane person, I hand placed every sprinkle. The effect was worth it though.
I may not done a gingerbread house last year but my mom did two! I forgot to post them last year so here they are:




This one is one of my all time favorite gingerbread houses that she's done. The exterior is covered in tootsie rolls and nuts.










Check out my other gingerbread houses!



Haunted Gingerbread House 2012
Haunted Gingerbread House 2013
Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment