Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies


Tumblr_laua26uc9l1qeukb6o1_500_large
Source
I have been searching and searching for a fudgy, chewy pumpkin brownie recipe for what seems like forever. Last year I made pumpkin swirl brownies. They contained cayenne pepper and were absolutely delicious. I may or may not have eaten the entire pan myself. And while I liked them plenty, they still had a more cake-like consistency than brownie. I thought I finally found one, but after reading through the comments, it was another cakey brownie. So I decide that I would just have to come up with one on my own. There is a science, a chemistry, to baking that I only kind of understand. So I looked at bunch of brownies recipes and formed my own pumpkin brownie using their proportions as a guideline. I crossed my fingers, popped it in the oven, and prayed it turned out edible. It not only turned out edible but oh-my-god good. The consistency was exactly what I had been looking for and the taste was out of this world.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Sift the flour into a small bowl and set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin pie spice, salt, egg, and pumpkin puree. Gradually stir the flour into the wet ingredients and combine well. Add the chocolate chips and stir. Pour the batter into the baking dish.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies are lightly browned on the edges and the center is set. Allow to cool in the pan. 


Enjoy!

~Krissy


Also Check These Fall Recipes:  
Acorn Donuts
Applesauce Cookies with Caramel Frosting
Cheese Tortellini in a Pumpkin Sauce
Cinnamon-Sugar Pastry with Pumpkin Dip
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Pumpkin Bread!
Pumpkin Lasagna Rolls
Pumpkin Penn Casserole
Pumpkin Caramels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment