Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Bread!

Continuing on my pumpkin kick, tonight I baked some yummy pumpkin bread. However, I either lost my loaf pan in my last move or gave it to my mom because I rarely used it, so I baked my bread in a bundt pan.
Pumpkin bread in bundt form
Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8.5x4.5x2.5-inch loaf pan (or bundt pan) with cooking spray.

In a large bowl add pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and sugar. In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Blend the wet ingredients together while gradually adding the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended. Pour into pan. Bake for 50 minutes.

The pumpkin bread is delicious with butter or cream cheese. But since we like everything sweet in this house, I whipped up some cream cheese frosting that's sweet but not too sweet. This recipe only makes a small amount of frosting, just enough for a loaf of bread.

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend all the ingredients in a bowl with a mixer. Spread on sliced bread.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment