Saturday, October 22, 2011

How to Make Kale Chips

When I first decided to make kale chips, I was skeptical. I was told that they tasted like potato chips, but I couldn't imagine bitter kale tasting anything like a potato chip. Or crisping in the oven. But I wanted something healthy to snack on so I gave it a try and . . . they're pretty damn good. And you know what . . . they do almost taste like a potato chip.

Kale Chips seasoned with Parmesan and Salt

Ingredients:
1 bunch of kale
2-3 teaspoons of olive oil
Sea Salt, to taste
Red pepper flakes, optional
Parmesan cheese, optional
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Wash and dry the kale before stripping the leaves from the stems. Toss the leaves with the olive oil to coat. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange the leaves in a single layer. Sprinkle with sea salt. You can also season with Parmesan or even red pepper flakes if you want a little spice. The Parmesan chips are my favorite. Bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. You have to pay close attention to these chips while their baking. The moment you walk away, they burn. I recommend checking on them every 3 to 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment