Sunday, October 23, 2011

Southwestern Chicken Panini Recipe

Don't know what to make for lunch? I'm here with your answer: Southwest Chicken Panini. I don't own a panini press so I usually just grill them on the skillet like I would a grilled cheese sandwich. Sometimes I use my George Foreman grill. But no matter how you make it, the sandwich comes out tasty. Pair it with a salad, fries, potato chips or kale chips. It also makes a great simple dinner when you just don't feel like cooking.

Ingredients:
10 ounce can of chicken (or shredded leftover chicken)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
8 pieces of bread
Butter
Roma tomato, sliced (you can also use sun-dried tomatoes)
Cheddar cheese--I highly recommend Kraft's Triple Cheddar Cheese



Directions:
In a medium-size bowl, mix together chicken, mayo, ranch dressing, and chili powder. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Divide the chicken among four pieces of bread, spreading it on the unbutter side of the bread. Add the cheese, tomato slices, and top slice of bread, butter side up. Grill in a skillet, grill or panini press until each piece of bread is golden brown. Makes four sandwiches.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment