Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cucumber Chips

So my in-laws' vegetable garden produced an abundance of giant cucumbers. They kindly shared their bounty with us. But I don't like cucumbers. Eric does, but he has only eaten them in salads. Even Eric couldn't eat enough salads to use up three huge cucumbers. So I got creative. Rather Eric did. Since I like to make veggies into chips, he suggested cucumber chips.

Well, I finally found a cucumber I like. Eric liked them too. I seasoned mine with lemon pepper seasoning, but you could use plain old salt and pepper, garlic powder, or if you want something spicy, cayenne powder.


Ingredients:
Cucumber (I've found that smaller cucumbers work better)
Seasoning of choice
Cooking spray

Directions:
Line a microwave-safe plate with waxed paper and spray generously with cooking spray.

With a mandoline slice your cucumber into rounds that are just a step above paper thin (I use the second setting on my mandoline). If you make your slices too thick, they won't crisp. 

Place your cucumber slices in a single layer on the plate. Sprinkle seasoning over the cucumber.
On high power, microwave for 4 to 6 minutes. Allow the chips to rest for 1 minute. Microwave for another 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown spots appear on the chips. Keep in mind each microwave cooks differently. My chips turned out best when cooked for 4 minutes then 3 minutes.

Remove from microwave. Beware, the plate will be very hot. Serve right away. Chips do not keep.





Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Chip Recipes:
Baked Apple Chips
Banana Chips
Homemade Pita Chips
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Kale Chips 
Parmesan Veggie Crisps
Pepperoni Chips
Potato Chips in the Microwave
Snowflake Tortilla Chips
Yellow Squash Chips 
Zucchini Chips 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment