Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Basic Pizza Dough Recipe

Whenever we've done homemade pizzas, I've always used Jiffy boxed pizza crust. Tonight I hadn't planned on making pizza, but when I opened the fridge, I discovered that we had all the makings for a pizza--except the pizza crust. In truth, it's about time I made my own pizza dough. I have fallen in love with bread making over the last year--I've made tortillas, different types of rolls, breadsticks, and French bread--I should have my own pizza dough recipe, especially considering how much Eric loves pizza.

This is a pretty basic recipe that can easily be personalized to suit anyone's taste. I sprinkled my crust with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Next time I might add some Italian herbs. But regardless how you season it; the crust is soft and delicious.

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 packet active yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup warm water

Directions:
Place water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast. Add 2 1/2 cups flour, oil, and salt; combine. Add more flour until dough forms a bowl. Knead 5 to 7 times. Roll into a bowl, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or damp cloth. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease pizza stone with cooking spray.

Punch dough and place it on the pizza stone. Work it into a crust with a 12-inch diameter. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and add sauce, cheese, and toppings.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.


Raw dough

After first bake

Toppings

Baked

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Pizza Recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Ricotta, Basil, and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza 
Pizza Inspired Chicken
The Pizza Quiche
Pizza Zucchini Boats

No comments:

Post a Comment