Thursday, May 17, 2012

Homemade Pizza Rolls

There have been a package of wonton wrappers sitting in the fridge for about two weeks now. At first I thought I was going to use them to make homemade pizza rolls for Eric, then I thought about using them to make cream cheese rangoons which we both love, and then I made some homemade Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread) and couldn't wait to make chocolate-hazelnut ravioli. So today I decided to make the whole trio of appetizers. First, I'll share with you my homemade pizza rolls.

Ingredients:
16 wonton wrappers
16 pepperonis
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 cup pizza sauce
cooking spray
water

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

Pour about 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce in the middle of your wonton wrapper.


Add a large pinch of cheese--about 1/2 teaspoon--on top of the sauce.


Place a single pepperoni on top of the cheese.


Brush all four edges of the pizza roll with water then fold the wonton wrapper in half and press the edges together to seal. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat the process with the rest of the wonton wrappers.

Spray the tops of the pizza rolls with cooking spray and place them in the oven. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until they turn a golden brown.

Allow to cool and enjoy!


When Eric took his first bite of the pizza rolls, he just turned to me with a large smile and I knew he'd want me to make them again, so much so that he even offered to help next time (working with wonton wrappers is a bit of work). You also can do a million and one variations of these. Eric's a pizza traditionalist--pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. But you could add minced onion, green pepper, mushrooms, olives . . . pretty much any veggie you'd like. Or you could make a buffalo chicken pizza roll, sausage pizza roll, and so on.

Tomorrow I'll post the cream cheese rangoon recipe.

Chocolate-hazelnut ravioli, cream cheese rangoons, and homemade pizza rolls

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment