Friday, May 18, 2012

Cream Cheese Rangoons

Today is Day 2 of my wonton appetizer recipes. Yesterday I shared my homemade pizza rolls. And now I'll show you my cream cheese rangoon recipe. A year or two ago Eric's mom gave me a crab rangoon recipe. Neither Eric or I cared much for the crab, so I turned them into a very simple, very scrumptious cream cheese rangoons.

Ingredients:
1 package of wonton wrappers
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayo
water
cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and mayo until well combined. Place about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with water. Bring the four corners together in the center of the wonton and press the seams together to seal. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat with the rest of the wonton wrappers.

Spray the tops of the rangoons with cooking spray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until they turn a golden brown.

Allow to cool and enjoy!


These rangoons were also a hit with Eric's mom (as were the pizza rolls and chocolate-hazelnut ravioli) and we talked about different variations of these we could make. Add some green onions, garlic powder, or some spinach so they resemble my pull-apart cheeses and spinach bread. Edye even mentioned turning them into dessert appetizers by adding chocolate chips. So you can really tailor these rangoons anyway you'd like.  

Tomorrow I'll share with you my chocolate-hazelnut ravioli recipe.

Chocolate-hazelnut ravioli, cream cheese rangoons, and homemade pizza rolls
~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment