Friday, August 15, 2014

Cinnamon-Sugar Roasted Chickpeas

Most often I season my roasted chickpeas with garlic powder and onion powder, but when I want something special I make sweet and salty chickpeas and roasted pumpkin chickpeas. Since cinnamon-sugar everything is delicious, and I was craving something sweet, I made cinnamon-sugar chickpeas. Sooooo good. I seriously love roasted chickpeas.

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can chickpeas
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar; set aside.

Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Using paper towel, dry the chickpeas well (this ensures they'll be crunchy). Roast chickpeas for minutes. Remove from oven and toss with olive oil then toss with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roast for another 15 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container (but beware, they don't stay crisp for more than a day).


Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Snack Recipes:
Baked Apple Chips
Buffalo Chicken Dip 
Fries with Garlic Cheese Sauce
Homemade Pita Chips 
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Roasted Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment