Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Roasted Peas

A couple days ago I made a batch of roasted chickpeas (so, so yummy) and it got me wondering about what other beans I could roast and make crunchy. As I was googling roasted kidney beans and roasted butter beans, I came across a recipe for roasted peas. I had peas in the freezer and I needed a side for dinner so I tried it. Even Eric, who isn't a huge fan of chickpeas unless they are in hummus form, loved these crunchy little things. I had to convince him to leave me some.They also make the perfect healthy snack.

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
lemon pepper seasoning (or your favorite seasoning)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pat dry the peas with paper towel; get them as dry as you can.

Grease a cooking sheet with cooking spray. Spread out the peas on the cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the peas are crisp.

Frozen peas

Roast peas with pumpkin gnocchi in a parmesan sauce.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Healthy Snacks:
Kale Chips 
Zucchini Chips 2.0 
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Yogurt-Covered Blueberries
Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment