Sunday, September 9, 2012

Zucchini Chips 2.0

You might remember that I already shared a zucchini chip recipe with you last winter. This is version 2.0.

I love zucchini chips. I probably eat them for lunch a couple times a week. But cooking them in the oven is a long process and the chips always seem to cook at different paces, so if I don't constantly check the oven, some burn. After making potato chips in the microwave, I wondered if I could make zucchini chips in the microwave too. Guess what? It worked. It worked a thousand times better than the oven. It was faster, easier, and the chips came out even crispier!

Ingredients:
Zucchini
Cooking spray
Seasonings

Directions:
Slice the zucchini into thin slices using a mandolin. Place a sheet of wax paper on a microwave-safe plate and spray it generously with cooking spray. Place the zucchini slices on the plate in a single layer. Season to taste. I like my zucchini chips with garlic powder and onion salt. However, you can use grated parmesan cheese, just salt and pepper . . . anything that sounds good to you.

On high power, microwave for 4 to 6 minutes. Allow the chips to rest for 1 minute. Microwave for another 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown spots appear on the chips. Keep in mind each microwave cooks differently. Mine turn out best when cooked for 4 minutes then 2.5 minutes.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Chip Recipes:
Baked Apple Chips
Banana Chips
Homemade Pita Chips
Kale Chips
Potato Chips in the Microwave
Snowflake Tortilla Chips 

2 comments:

  1. Food dehydrators take longer to dry the chips but there is no worry about the chips burning if they are heated too long. Hot chili-lime zucchini chips are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds good, chili-lime zucchini chips

      Delete