Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake

Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Peanut Butter M&Ms, Butterfingers . . . Chocolate and peanut butter are one of those combinations that was surely created in heaven. So you know I had to make a chocolate peanut butter mug cake. Out of all the mug cakes I have made, I think this one is the least sweet, and I think that's what I like best about it.

This recipe comes from here.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
a handful of chocolate chips

Directions:
With a fork, mix all the ingredients together in a coffee mug.  Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep in mind that all microwaves cook differently. My cake took 1.5 minutes.

I enjoyed this cake as is. But I also think this is one of the few mug cakes you could add frosting or whipped cream to without making it treacly.


Enjoy!

~Krissy

Mug Cake Sample Platter
Also Check Out:
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
Chocolate-Hazelnut Mug Cake
Fluffernutter Mug Cake
Gluten-Free Mug Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake
Pumpkin Mug Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment