Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug!

This has to be one of the coolest recipes I've found on Pinterest. I've seen numerous recipes for cakes-in-mugs that bake in the microwave and even tried a few. But this is the first recipe I have ever seen for a cookie-in-a-mug. It is everything that a homemade chocolate chip cookie should be--warm, soft, and delicious. I found this recipe on the blog No. 2 Pencil and didn't have to change a thing! She also has recipes for Peanut Butter Cookie in a Cup and Sugar Cookie in a Cup.

My chocolate chips look melted because I used a leftover chocolate ganache Easter egg in place of chocolate chips.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
3 drops of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
scant 1/4 cup of flour
2 tablespoon chocolate chips

Directions:
Melt the butter in your mug in the microwave. Stir in white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the egg yolk to the mug; discard the whites. Stir. Pour in flour and mix. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake in the microwave for 40 to 60 seconds. Allow to cool a bit (I was so eager to taste the cookie that I burnt my tongue) and serve warm.

Another great thing about a cookie-in-a-cup? No bowls, cookie sheets, mixers, or spatulas to clean. Where were all these in-a-mug recipes when I was in college?

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Mug Recipes:
Chocolate-Hazelnut Mug Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Gluten-Free Mug Cake
Fluffernutter Mug Cake
Pumpkin Mug Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment