Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kool-Aid Easter Eggs!

Why spend money on Easter egg dye when you probably have all you need in your pantry? Thanks to Pinterest, I discovered that I could use Kool-Aid and water to color my Easter eggs--no smelly vinegar needed! Since time kind of got away from me this year and I had eggs to color along with homemade Easter candy to make (chocolate ganache eggs and cupcakes baked inside eggshells) the night before Easter, I only used one flavor/color of Kool-Aid to dye all my eggs: tropical punch. The eggs came out a vibrant orange-ish red and smelled fantastic--but don't worry, the smell quickly fades and won't taint the taste of the hard boiled egg.



Ingredients:
Eggs, hard boiled or hollowed (mine were hollowed)
Kool-Aid packets
2/3 cup lukewarm water per Kool-aid packet

Directions:
Pour the water into a mug or cup. Stir in one packet of Kool-Aid until it's completely dissolved. Place egg in the cup. It won't take long for your egg to turn a bright color. Remove the egg from the cup using a slotted spoon and place in an egg carton to dry. You can also use your fingers to remove the egg, but your fingers will look like this for a few hours:


And that's all there is too it!

Happy Easter!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment