Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Parmesan Zucchini Bites

I love pinterest for many reasons--I can save all kinds of pretty pictures, interior design inspiration, crafts, and recipes. And I have another reason to love it because the site gave me the inspiration for this zucchini bites recipe. When I first came across zucchini bites, I thought they looked like a healthy, yummy snack. I was not prepared for how absolutely divine these things turned tasted. They're just as addictive as potato chips but so much better for you. Plus, they're super easy to make.


Ingredients:
2 medium zucchini
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

Slice zucchini into rounds with a quarter inch thickness. In a bowl, mix the olive oil and butter then toss with the zucchini pieces. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Dip the bites into the cheese mixture, coating both sides, and place on the baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the zucchini bites have browned and crisped.
Enjoy!

~Krissy

Update!
So I could eat these every single day and never get tired of them. But I have healthified the recipe a bit. I substituted zero-calorie cooking spray for the olive oil and got rid of the breadcrumbs and cheese. So basically what I do now is spray the cookie sheet with the cooking spray, lay the zucchini circles in a single layer, spray the tops of the squash with the cooking spray then season with garlic powder and onion salt, and bake as before. These have been a hit with my family and Eric's. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment