Sunday, September 29, 2013

Roasted Pumpkin Chickpeas



For our honeymoon, Eric and I went up north to my parents' cabin. It's our favorite spot on earth--plus it's affordable (especially after paying for a wedding). I know many people wouldn't want to cook on their honeymoon, but I couldn't wait to make some our favorites (Parmesan seared chicken, pumpkin dip with cinnamon sugar pastries) and test out some new recipes. These roasted pumpkin chickpea were something I had bookmarked, but hadn't planned on making up north until I saw pumpkin butter in the fridge. I love roasted chickpeas and I love pumpkin so I knew I'd loved these--and I wasn't disappointed.

Normally roasted chickpeas are best right out of the oven. Hot and crispy. However, I like these better after they've sat for a bit and cooled. Yes, they are not crispy, but the flavor . . . the flavor is much more pumpkin-y and sweet the next day.

Now Eric is not a fan of the chickpea period (well, unless they're in hummus). But my mom is and I can't wait for her to try these!

Recipe adapted from here



Ingredients:
15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin butter (store-bought or homemade)

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.

Drain and rinse the chickpeas then using paper towel, dry them. In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin pie spice and olive oil. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.

Spread the chickpeas on the cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes.

Place the chickpeas back into a bowl and coat them with the pumpkin butter and sugar. Spread the chickpeas back out on the cookie sheet and bake for another 15 minutes.

Allow to cool.





These roasted pumpkin chickpeas really are the perfect fall snack!

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Pumpkin Recipes!
Cheese Tortellini in a Pumpkin Sauce
Cinnamon-Sugar Pastry with Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin-Black Bean Stew with Spicy Sausage 
Pumpkin Bread!
Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Caramels!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
Pumpkin Fudge
Pumpkin Lasagna Rolls
Pumpkin Oatmeal
Pumpkin Penne Casserole
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment