Saturday, October 29, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Salted pumpkin seeds
We carved our pumpkins (and a turnip!) and now it's time to roast the pumpkin seeds. I always make a batch salted pumpkin seeds, but I also like to set some seeds aside and experiment with different flavors. I tried out chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika in the past (the garlic are really the only ones I liked, though the cayenne pepper weren't bad). I've also discovered popcorn seasoning such as ranch or white cheddar works well on pumpkin seeds. This year I used Cajun spices and these are by far my favorite. Eric typically doesn't like my pumpkin seed experimentation--he just like lots of salt on his seeds--but he fell in love with the Cajun seeds too.

Cajun flavored pumpkin seeds

Ingredients:
pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
olive oil
salt
other seasonings

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Toss pumpkin seeds with olive oil and the seasoning of your choice. Spread them out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!



Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment