Saturday, October 22, 2011

Baked Garlic Chicken

Growing up I never had any interest in cooking. It wasn't until my senior year of college, after making lasagna with a couple of friends, that I found my love for cooking. It didn't have to be a chore; it could be an expression of creativity. Baked Garlic Chicken was the first recipe I made all on my own. It involves a bunch of ingredients, but it's really very simple. After the dish turned out delicious and I discovered that I could cook, I was hooked.
Right out of the oven, baked garlic chicken
Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup low fat sour cream
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers or bread crumbs
¼ cup butter, melted

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x9 inch pan.

In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, minced garlic, celery salt, Worchestershire sauce, lemon juice, paprika, and pepper. Coat chicken breasts in the mixture and marinate for at least three hours in the refrigerator. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the crumbs. Transfer chicken to pan. Pour the melted butter over the chicken. Baked uncovered for approximately 50 minutes or until the juices from the chicken run clear.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment