Saturday, September 28, 2013

Puppy Chow

I had never even heard of puppy chow until I met Eric. Man, had I been missing out! Crunchy, sweet, peanut butter, chocolate . . . it is so addicting. Well, for our autumn wedding I decided to make the favors. Treat or trick bags filled with puzzle books and desserts--homemade sea salt caramels, pumpkin fudge, and you guessed it: puppy chow!

I made the caramels and fudge and Eric made the puppy chow. I can't tell you how hard it was not to eat it all ourselves!


Ingredients:
9 cups crispy rice cereal squares (like Chex)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar  

Directions:
In a large sauce pan, met the chocolate over low heat. Stir in the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Remove from heat, add cereal to the pan, and stir until all the cereal is coated. Pour the powdered sugar into a large ziploc bag, add cereal, and shake well until the cereal is well coated. Store in airtight container.





Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment