Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pepperoni Chips

This is one of those recipes that I tried just to see if it really worked. Don't get me wrong, I love pepperonis, and there is nothing better than a pepperoni with crisp edges on a pizza, but I don't have any real desire to snack on the little meats. Eric, on the other hand, will usually polish off a bag of pepperonis before I get around to making whatever recipe I bought them for. So I knew if these chips did work, I'd definitely have someone to eat them.

Well, I'm happy to report that it is incredibly easy to turn pepperonis into chips. But I'm going to be honest with you, these things are way too salty for my palette. Granted, I'm highly sensitive to salt. And if I had made a dip to go with them, maybe the saltiness wouldn't have been as pronounced. However, Eric absolutely demolished the entire batch. He loved them. And when I mentioned them to his parents, his dad's face lit up. He loves salty snacks. 

Recipe adapted from here.



Ingredients:
Thinly sliced pepperonis

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place pepperonis on a cookie sheet or a pizza stone (we used a pizza stone) in a single layer.

Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pepperonis are crisp.

Place chips on a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.

Eat plain or with dip.


Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Chip Recipes:
Baked Apple Chips
Banana Chips
Homemade Pita Chips
Kale Chips
Potato Chips in the Microwave
Snowflake Tortilla Chips
Yellow Squash Chips 
Zucchini Chips 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment