Monday, January 6, 2014

Parmesan Onion Rolls

These rolls were another Christmas dinner success. They were also an experiment (not to mention the easiest from scratch rolls I've made yet!) I had meant to combine two different recipes to make these then discovered that I didn't have all the ingredients I needed . . . so I kind of made up my own recipe according to what I had in the pantry. If they didn't work out, I knew I had a tube of crescent rolls in the fridge that I could pullout last minute if I had to. Fortunately, I didn't have to. In fact, after I let Eric taste test one, he asked if perhaps we could save these rolls for us and serve everyone else the crescent rolls.


Ingredients:
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup French Fried Onions
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon dried basil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add mayonnaise, milk, and sugar and mix until well combined. Divide the dough evenly between the tins.

In a medium bowl, mix together the French Fried Onions, cheese, and basil. Divide the mixture between the muffin tins and gently press it into the top of the dough.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the rolls are a golden brown.




Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Bread Recipes:
Homemade Bread Sticks 
Sour Cream Dinner Rolls 
Pull-Apart Spinach and Cheese Bread
Pumpkin Bread!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in a Mug

No comments:

Post a Comment