Monday, January 20, 2014

Basic Donut Glaze

For whatever reason, I went years without knowing how to make a basic glaze even though Eric kept begging for me to make glazed donuts. I don't know what my problem was because it's so incredibly easy and, as I've recently discovered, versatile.

Recipe from here. Make enough glaze to approximately a dozen donuts.

Glazed blueberry donuts

Ingredients:
1/8 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
In a small sauce pan, heat the milk and vanilla over low heat until warm. Sift in powdered sugar into the pan. Slowly whisk the sugar in until well combined. Remove from heat.

Dunk donuts into the glaze, one at a time, and set on a rack. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. You can also use this glaze on cakes, cookies, breads, or any other baked good.

Change up this glaze by adding different extracts such as peppermint or almond. You could also use juices such as orange juice or cranberry juice to flavor the glaze. Or, as I found out when making apple cider cookies with a spiced rum glaze, you can use alcohol.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment