Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Crockpot: Herbed Turkey

Turkey is one of my all time favorite foods. Ironically, this was my first time cooking it--I've always been a little intimidated by the size and time the bird needs to cook. But when I saw the turkey roast on sale at the grocery store and remembered that my mother-in-law cooks her turkey roasts in the crockpot, I thought that I could do this. I mean, it's pretty hard to screw up anything in the crockpot, right? And I must stay, I've never tasted turkey more moist and flavorful before. I can't wait for turkey roasts to go on sale again. And maybe I'll even tackle cooking a whole turkey come Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Recipe adpated from here.


Ingredients:
3 pound turkey roast (I used Butterball), skin removed
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth (I used low sodium)

Directions:
In a small bowl, stir together garlic powder, salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, and pepper. 

Brush the turkey roast with oil then rub the spice mixture all over the turkey. Place in slow cooker and pour in chicken broth.  

Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or until turkey is tender.


Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Slow Cooker Recipes:
Alfredo Green Bean Casserole
Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken 
Chile and Tomato Shredded Chicken with Cheese Sauce
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Mashed Potatoes
Orange Chicken
Pumpkin Butter
Simply the Best Macaroni and Cheese
Tomato and Artichoke Chicke

No comments:

Post a Comment