Sunday, January 12, 2014

Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes

Oh brown butter, you are one of the best culinary discoveries I stumbled upon on Pinterest. It's an easy way to change up a recipe and add complexity of flavor. So when I served mashed potatoes at Christmas dinner, I decided to change them up a bit by making brown butter to pour over them. So, so good. Between these brown butter mashed potatoes and my spiced rum cookies, I've got my mom hooked on brown butter.



Ingredients:
Unsalted Butter (2 sticks makes 1 cup)
Mashed potatoes (homemade, frozen, or boxed--garlic, cheesy, how ever you like your potatoes)

Directions:
Over medium heat, melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Continue to cook it until it turns a dark golden brown and gives off a nutty aroma, stirring occasionally.

Pour brown butter over mashed potatoes.

Any extra brown butter can be put in an airtight container and stored in the fridge or freezer (I have some in my freezer right now!)


That's 2 sticks of butter.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

Check Out More Brown Butter Recipes:
Spiced Rum Brown Butter Cookies
Brown Sugar Cookies
Pasta with Summer Squash, Tomatoes, and Brown Butter Sauc

No comments:

Post a Comment