Saturday, January 18, 2014

Toasted Sesame Seeds

Last summer Eric and went to a Hibachi grill with a friend in Grand Rapids. I can't remember the name of the restaurant to save my life, but the food was unforgettable. The chef sprinkled toasted sesame seeds on everything and it just enlivened the flavor of the chicken, the veggies, and the shrimp.

Over the last six months or so, Eric will randomly comment on how good sesame seeds are. So a put a small jar of them in his Christmas stocking this past holiday. In truth, I was just as excited to eat them. Even though I haven't perfected my sesame chicken recipe yet, I still wanted to share how toasted sesame seeds.

Ingredients:
Sesame seeds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the seeds out in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 5 to 10 minutes or until the seeds are a light golden brown.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Recipes:
Roasted Butternut Squash Seeds
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


No comments:

Post a Comment