Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Banana Wontons

Chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas, I don't know why, but these three ingredients always taste so good together, comforting some how. I was originally just going to make chocolate banana wontons, but then I saw the peanut butter in the cupboard--how could I resist?


Ingredients:
16 wontons
1/4 cup chocolate chips*
8 teaspoons peanut butter
1 small ripe banana cut into 16 slices
powdered sugar, optional

*Like the smores wonton I made earlier, I made these with chocolate chips, but U had problems with the chips puncturing the wonton. I think bar chocolate like a Hershey candy bar will work better. I haven't made these with bar chocolate yet, but I'm guessing you could just break the bars in half and that would be plenty of chocolate for the wonton. (Hershey bars come with 12 bars so you'd need 8 bars broken in half).

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.** Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.

Place 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of the wonton. Add 1 banana slice on top of the peanut butter. Place 6 to 8 chocolate chips around the banana. 

Wet all four edges of the wontons with water (I used my finger, but you could also use a pastry brush) and fold over diagonally, pressing the edges together to seal.

Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the wontons turn a golden brown.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar. (This was Eric's idea and it did improve them.)

**You can also deep fry these if you so desire.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Wonton Recipes
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Cream Cheese Rangoons
Chocolate Hazelnut Ravioli
Smores Wontons
Jalapeno Popper Wontons

No comments:

Post a Comment