Thursday, August 8, 2013

Jalapeno Popper Wontons

I think it was about a year ago that I first started playing with wonton wrappers. They are just so convenient when making both savory and sweet snacks or appetizers. When I decided that I wanted to make jalapeno poppers at home, my first thought was to turn to wonton wrappers. And it was a good thought. I could not stop eating them. Thankfully Eric had been putting off lunch so he could indulge in these little bundles of deliciousness and consumed most of them. I also made chocolate-peanut butter-banana wontons and smores wontons.



Ingredients:
16 wontons
4 ounces cream cheese, soften
1/4 cup cheddar, shredded
2 jalapenos, finely chopped

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.* Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray

In a bowl mix, mix together cream cheese, cheddar, and jalapenos. Scoop about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture into the center of the wonton. Wet all four edges of the wonton and bring the four corners together in the center of the wonton and press the seams together to seal. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat with the rest of the wonton wrappers.

Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until they turn a golden brown.

*You can also deep fry these. Eric is always after me to fry my wonton creations. He loves everything fried. I, on the other hand, try to stay away from fried foods and love that these can be baked.

Eric also suggested sprinkling parmesan cheese on top of them. I thought about adding crumbled bacon to the inside. Just some ideas to play with.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Wonton Recipes
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Cream Cheese Rangoons
Chocolate Hazelnut Ravioli
Smores Wontons
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Banana Wontons

No comments:

Post a Comment