Thursday, August 8, 2013

Smores Wontons

Smores aren't just a campfire treat. You can re-imagine this dessert in so many different ways (smores pies, smores banana boats, smores cookies!) With a package of wontons in the fridge, chocolate chips in the cupboard and some leftover marshmallow fluff, these smores wonton were inevitable.


Ingredients:
16 wontons
8 teaspoons marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup chocolate chips*

*I made these with chocolate chips, but I do recommend using bar chocolate like a Hershey candy bar just because I had problems with the chips puncturing the wonton. I haven't made these yet, but I'm guessing you could just break the bars in half and that'd be plenty of chocolate for the wonton. (Hershey bars come with 12 bars so you'd need 8 bars broken in half).

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.** Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.

Place a scant teaspoon of marshmallow fluff in the center of each wonton. DO NOT use mini marshmallows. I tried this too. They just disappear. Add 6 to 8 chips to each wonton.

Wet all four edges of the wontons with water (I used my finger but you could also use a pastry brush) and fold over, pressing the edges together to seal.

Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the wontons turn a golden brown.

**You can also deep fry these if you so desire.


Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Wonton Recipes
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Cream Cheese Rangoons
Chocolate Hazelnut Ravioli
Jalapeno Popper Wontons
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Banana Wontons

No comments:

Post a Comment