Saturday, June 9, 2012

White Chocolate Filled Raspberries

This is yet another Pinterest-inspired recipe. I've seen what seems like dozens of pictures of raspberries stuffed with chocolate chips. I tried this--well, I tried it with M&Ms since that was what I had on hand. While I liked the tartness of the berry and the sweetness of the chocolate, I didn't so much like the soft fruit with the crunchy candy. The texture just wasn't right. Recently I made a White Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Pie which called for a white chocolate ganache. I decided to make a little extra ganache and fill my raspberries with it. The results were absolutely delicious.


Ingredients:
6-ounce container raspberries, rinsed and dried
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon heavy cream

In a small sauce pan, heat the chocolate and cream over low heat until the chocolate and cream is combined and smooth, stirring frequently. Allow to cool. Next, put the chocolate into a pastry bag or a plastic sandwich bag with a corner cut off, and pipe into the center of the raspberries.

Enjoy!

Fun Fact: When I was little I had a tabby cat named Raspberry. My friends and I had found a wild raspberry bush growing in the back of a neighbor's yard. Living in a suburb of Detroit, this was an unusual and magical find for us. Later that same day, there was a person giving away free kittens in front of a drug store. Somehow we managed to talk my mom into letting us have one (we already had one cat and a dog). Back home as we tried to come up with names for the brown and black tabby, I saw the raspberries we'd pick sitting on the window sill and knew in my heart that the kitten's name had to be Raspberry.

Me and Raspberry
~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment