Monday, July 9, 2012

Baileys White Chocolate Chip Cookies


For the Fourth of July, Eric and I headed up north to spend the holiday with my parents at their cabin. If anyone has a bigger sweet-tooth than us, it's my parents. So before we left I made two different cookies, Baileys White Chocolate Chip Cookies and Applesauce Cookies with Caramel Frosting, to surprise them with. The cookies barely made it three days.

The Baileys White Chocolate Chip Cookies were my personal favorite. They are fluffy, chocolaty, and not overly sweet. Not only did I love their taste, but I loved making them. I could smell the chocolate in the cookies from the moment I began mixing the ingredients together until the cookies were baked and cooled.


I found this recipe here. It makes roughly 3 dozens.

Ingredients:
2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream
1 cup white chocolate chips*

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.

In another large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine until fluffy. Mix in the Baileys. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Fold in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerator for approximately 2 hours.

Seriously, I could not stop eating the dough.
Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough on a cookie sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.


*I'm going to let you in on a secret. Most recipes call for a 1 cup of chocolate chips, which is a perfectly adequate amount of chips. But I always add more. I pour in the cup then I add more until the dough looks like it has enough chips in it.

Baileys and Applesauce cookies

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment