Thursday, July 11, 2013

1 Banana 2 Eggs Pancakes

I've seen these super easy, super healthy pancakes on pinterest since forever. I've always found them intriguing, if not exactly mouthwatering. I mean, can you really make a pancake out of a banana and eggs? Wouldn't they taste like an omelet with bananas in it, which is not at all appetizing? But as always, curiosity got to me and I made them for breakfast today.

So here's my review: it really does work. You have to make the pancakes small--like the size of a silver dollar--and they are rather messy to flip (but that could just be me, I'm not a great flipper). They taste just like a banana. No egg flavor to them at all. But they certainly do have an eggy texture, which took me a little getting used to. Since they taste like banana, they are kind of one note and boring. Maple syrup helps but kinda of goes against the whole purpose of making healthy pancakes. Next time, I would add cinnamon to the batter. I think that will give the pancakes some depth and help you forgo the syrup. However, I'm not sure if I'll make them again. I mean, the whole match is only around 240 calories (without syrup) and they are filling. But egg and banana . . . I just don't know.

Judge for yourself. Recipe is below.


Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
Mash the banana well with a fork in a bowl. Add eggs and whisk together. Stir in cinnamon, if desired. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray. Over medium-low heat, cook small pancakes, about 30 seconds on each side.

Eat plain or with syrup or fresh berries. If you want to make these into a semi-healthy dessert, I can see them being good with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, a sprinkling of powdered sugar, or cool whip. You might even be able to make them with chocolate chips in them!

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment