Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pasta with Avocado Sauce

It is the middle of March and absolutely beautiful out. 75 degrees, blue skies, sunshine. The perfect day to try out this avocado sauce for a healthy and light lunch. I love avocado, but I had no idea it would make such a creamy, delicious sauce with just a few extra ingredients. And this recipe from the blog Two Peas & Their Pod required no alteration. (Except I did use garlic powder instead of garlic cloves because I was lazy and didn't feel like mincing garlic.)

Ingredients:
6 ounces of pasta, (I used rotini)
1 large, ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced (I used about a teaspoon of garlic powder)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste

Directions:
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside.

Place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Toss with pasta and serve.

It's that quick and easy to make. If I had some on hand, I would have tossed some sun-dried tomatoes into the pasta too. Maybe next time I might dice up a tomato to go with it--because I will certainly make this dish again!

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment