Friday, March 16, 2012

Turkey Burger with Avocado Sauce

I admit it, I have a love-hate relationship with Rachel Ray. I know some people absolutely adore her while others find her completely annoying. I'm usually intrigued by the recipes she comes up, but a lot of times I don't like how those same recipes actually turn out. But I have to say she nailed this turkey burger recipe. It has all the spices that I love, a generous helping of cheese (you all know how much we love cheese), and a ton of flavor.


Ingredients:
1 1/3 pounds ground turkey
1/2 of a medium red onion, finely chopped
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, diced
1 rounded tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin
1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
Preheat a large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.

Combine the ground turkey, onion, cheddar cheese, chili powder, ground cumin, serrano pepper, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix everything together with your hands. Separate meat into patties. Rachel Ray makes four patties, but I don't like my burgers that big so I made about seven patties.

Drizzle olive oil over the patties and place them in the hot skillet. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.

Rachel Ray made a cilantro cream to go with this burger. I used avocado sauce I previously made. It was incredible!

Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment