Monday, October 28, 2013

Haunted Gingerbread House 2013



Arya in her Halloween costume!
Just three days out from Halloween and I finally finished my haunted gingerbread house! It's a gingerbread kit from Target. Other than what came with the kit, I used some store-bought red frosting, Wilton Sparkle Gels, pumpkin spice marshmallow (not really a fan of the taste, but they're cute on a gingerbread house), and Kraft ghost-shaped marshmallows. Next year I think I'm going to have to make my own  royal frosting instead using what comes with the kit because I could not get it to stick to the gingerbread (as you will be able to tell by the pictures).

You can also check out the Haunted Gingerbread House I made last year!

Target Kit

Front
I drew the ghost's face, spiderweb, and spider with a toothpick and Wilton's Sparkle Gel.

The witch head came with the kit. The body is made out of pumpkin marshmallow and covered in Wilton's Sparkle Gel.

I used Wilton black Sparkle Gel and a toothpick to draw on the jack-o-lantern's face.
A chocolate ghost marshmallow. The package came with orange ones too but I didn't use any of them.
For the green frosting on the ground, I just added a little blue and yellow food coloring to the orange frosting that came with the kit. It didn't want to stick to the cardboard any more than it wanted to stick to the gingerbread.
 
And here's a quick peak at my mom's Haunted Gingerbread House:



 Happy Halloween!


~Krissy

Also check out:
Christmas Gingerbread House


No comments:

Post a Comment