Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ranch, Cheddar, and Bacon Potatoes

Potatoes are a pretty basic side dish for us. Usually mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes. This time I thought I'd change it up with this ranch, cheddar, and bacon potato dish. I mean, look at the title, everything in it sounds delicious--ranch, cheddar, bacon. It turned out so well (I don't know if I've ever had potatoes come out so fork-tender), it might just make it into our normal rotation of potato dishes.

Recipe adapted from here.



Ingredients:
2 large white potatoes, diced into bite-size pieces
1/3 cup ranch dressing (the bottle, not the powder)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded*
3 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used turkey bacon)**
1/2 tablespoon dried dill weed
1 green onion, chopped***
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Season potatoes with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the ranch dressing, dill, cheese, and bacon. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated.

Pour into an 9x9 casserole dish. Cover with tin foil and back for 60 minutes. Stir the potatoes halfway through.

After 60 minutes, remove the tin foil, stir, increase temperature to 400 degrees, and bake for another 15 minutes.

So I have a few of confessions to make about this recipe:
*After removing the foil, I sprinkled another handful of cheese (maybe 1/2 cup?) on top of the potatoes. We love our cheese.
**Like we love our cheese, we love our bacon. If you don't hold bacon dear to your heart like us, you could certainly only use 2 pieces of crumbled bacon. 
***I didn't have green onions on hand so I used yellow onion. However, I'd still recommend the green onion. They go so great with the ingredients in this recipe and really give it an appealing pop of color.

Eric and I made the last dinner of our honey moon together



Served with Parmesan-seared chicken


Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment