Saturday, October 12, 2013

Homemade Streusel Topping for Muffins, Pies, and Coffee Cakes

I made streusel topping for the first time to put on top of an apple pie. It was so good that I just might put it on top of my apple pies from now on. It's a simple, quick, easy thing to make. I can't believe I hadn't made it before now.

Streusel recipe comes from here. It will make enough to cover the top of an 9-inch pie plate.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. You can use a fork or your fingers to do so. I cut the ingredients together with two knives. You could also toss all the ingredients in a food process and pulse until the mixture becomes crumbly.

Sprinkle over pie (or muffins or coffee cake) before baking.


Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment