Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats

Your basic Rice Krispies Ingredients
Is there anyone out there that doesn't like rice krispie treats? If there is, I haven't met them. Eric is a huge fan (and that's why he got a rice krispie cake for his last birthday). He had a bad day at work so instead of mopping the floors like I planned (seriously would you rather mop floors or bake?), I made rice krispie treats to surprise him with when he got home. But me being me, I couldn't make ordinary treats or even just one kind. So I made these brown butter rice krispie treats and pumpkin pie rice krispie treats (okay, the pumpkin ones are more for me than him since Eric is all pumpkined out).

The brown butter seems to be all the rage on Pinterest right now. I keep seeing brown butter this, brown butter that. I've even made a couple of brown butter dishes--brown sugar cookies and pasta and veggies in a brown butter sauce. Both were amazing. Brown butter adds a nice nutty flavor to any dish.

Recipe adapted from here.



Ingredients:
7 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 stick butter
5 cups mini marshmallows

Directions:
Grease a 9x13-inch pan with butter of cooking spray.

First make the brown butter. Place the butter in a stock pot or large pan and melt it over medium heat. Continue to cook it, occasionally stirring it until the butter boils and turns a golden brown and gives off a nutty aroma--approximately 10 minutes. Careful not to burn the butter.

Add the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted then remove from heat. Pour in cereal and mix until the rice krispies are well coated. Transfer to your greased dish. With greased hands or spatula, press the treats into the pan.

Allow to cool completely then cut into bars.



Because I was making two types of rice krispies, I halved each recipe. 


Enjoy!

~Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment