Sunday, November 24, 2013

Quick and Easy Chocolate Pudding

It was nine or ten at night and Eric and I were both craving something sweet. But there was nothing sweet in the house except a bag of chocolate chips (many a bag of chocolate chips has never made it into a baked good). Then I remembered this pudding recipe I pinned on Pinterest that was quick and easy and I knew I already had all the ingredients in the house. So I made pudding. Sweet tooth satisfied.

Recipe from here.



Ingredients:
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups millk (the original recipe used skim, I used whole)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Combine the cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of the milk. Whisk until smooth then add the remaining milk and mix. Over medium-high hear, bring the mixture to a boil. Soon as it reaches a boil, lower the heat to medium and whisk until mixture thickens--approximately 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and pour in the chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.

Serve warm or chill in the refrigerator. We were impatient so I put our pudding in the freezer.

Makes approximately 3 cups.




I honestly don't know if I'll bother with the instant boxed pudding again. I liked the flavor of this so much better. And there's really only a couple of extra steps.

Enjoy!

~Krissy


No comments:

Post a Comment