Friday, February 21, 2014

Monkey Bread Muffins

I've never had monkey bread before I made these muffins. In truth, I've seen plenty of recipes for them but never had much interest. What was I thinking?! These things are so gooey and sweet and yummy. I found myself late last night unable to resist the leftover muffin. Less than an hour later, Eric was rummaging in the fridge looking for the muffin I ate. I guess I'm going to have to make some more.


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (8 count)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

Directions:
Preheat 375 degrees. Grease 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.

In a ziploc bag, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.

Separate the biscuits and cut each one into 6 pieces. Place the dough into the ziploc bag, seal, and shake until the pieces are well coated. Place 6 pieces of dough in each cup.

Stir brown sugar into the butter until it is dissolved. Pour the mixture over the dough pieces.

Bake for 21 to 26 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and no longer doughy in the center.
 
I actually split a can of biscuits, making 4 individual bacon and cheese quiches and 4 monkey bread muffins. They actually pair wonderfully.






Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Dessert Recipes:
Caramelitas
Homemade Donuts and Elephant Ears
Brown Sugar Cookies
Baileys White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Swirl Cake (Made with Swiss Cake Rolls)

No comments:

Post a Comment