Friday, February 21, 2014

Individual Bacon and Cheese Quiche

I made this recipe because I had limited food in the house (it is once again time to go grocery shopping--I hate grocery shopping) but I happened to have everything I needed to make these mini quiches. Little did I know just how freaking amazing these things are! Cream cheese and eggs, a match made in heaven! When I asked Eric what he thought of them, he just looked down at his empty plate, chewing his last bite, then looked up at me again. Enough said.

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits (8 count)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and milk and continue to beat until well combined. Stir in cheddar cheese.

Roll out each biscuit into 5-inch rounds. Place a biscuit in a muffin cup and firmly press the dough to the bottom and sides of the tins. Sprinkle half of the crumbled bacon in the bottom of each muffin cup. Divide egg mixture evenly between the cups.

Bake for 21 to 26 minutes or until the egg filling has set and the edges of the biscuit cups are a golden brown. Sprinkle the remaining bacon on top of the mini quiches, lightly pressing it into the centers.

Remove cups from pan and serve.

Since I was only feeding Eric and myself, I didn't really want to make 8 individual quiches so I halved the recipe and made 4 quiches and 4 monkey bread muffins--dinner and dessert!





Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Quiche Recipes:
Ham and Broccoli Quiche
Spicy Sausage and Spinach Quiche
The Pizza Quiche
Quiche in a Mug

No comments:

Post a Comment