Monday, June 10, 2013

Quiche in a Mug

I love eggs. But I hate cleaning eggy pans. Of course, I hate cleaning pans, period. Doesn't everyone? One of the great things about this quiche in a mug, no clean up. You make it, cook it, and eat it out of the mug. Talk about a quick easy breakfast (or lunch or dinner). Now, since there isn't a crust, I guess this doesn't technically qualify as a quiche. But that's what it reminds me of. And you could add cubed bread for a deconstructed quiche. This is also a very basic recipe. You can change it up by adding different ingredients to have different eggs every morning.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish I knew about all these mug recipes when I was in college. I would have eaten so much better.

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
cooking spray
cheese, optional
onions, optional
peppers, optional
ham, optional

Directions:
Spray the inside of the mug with the cooking spray. Scrabble the eggs and milk in the mug. Salt and pepper to taste. Add whatever other ingredients you'd like. Thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary . . . I always add cheese--cheddar being my favorite. If you have some green onions or peppers lying around, dice them and toss them in. Or if you have any leftover ham, sausage, or chicken, add it too. Just make sure it's all precooked. I love using quiches as a way to recycle leftovers into a new dish. They're also fun to experiment with.

Microwave on high for approximately 1 minute 20 seconds. All microwaves cook differently so you may need to cook it a little longer or a little shorter. I recommend starting with 1 minute and go up by 10 seconds from there.


Here are some quiche ideas to inspire you:
The Pizza Quiche
Spicy Sausage Spinach Quiche
Ham and Broccoli Quiche

Enjoy!

~Krissy

Check out these other mug recipes:
French Toast in a Mug
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in a Mug
3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Mug Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake
Chocolate-Hazelnut Mug Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Fluffernutter Mug Cake
Pumpkin Mug Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting 

No comments:

Post a Comment