Tuesday, June 11, 2013

French Toast in the Mug

Warning: This is highly addictive. When I was little, I remember my mom asking my brother and me if we wanted pancakes or French toast for dinner (breakfast for dinner, is there anything better in this world?). Ken would always say pancakes. I always voted for French toast. Now I can have French toast for breakfast, dinner, or just a snack with incredible ease.

Recipe adapted from here.




Ingredients:
2 slices of bread, torn into bite-size pieces
1 egg white
1 1/2 tablespoon milk
1-2 drops of vanilla extract
cinnamon, to taste (I probably use about a tablespoon but I love cinnamon!) 
cooking spray
maple syrup, optional

Directions:
Spray the inside of a coffee mug with cooking spray. Add bread to the mug. You'll have to mash it down a little. In a small bowl, combine egg whites, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over the bread. Let the mug sit for about a minute so the egg mixture and sink down and absorb into the bread.

Microwave for about 1 minute 20 seconds on high. However, all microwaves cook different. Start at 1 minute and progressively add 10 seconds until cooked. Add syrup if desired. Allow to cool before eating (I burnt my tongue because I was too impatient).





As it cooks in the microwave, it smells just like regular French toast.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

Check out these other mug recipes:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in a Mug
Quiche in a Mug
3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Mug Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake
Chocolate-Hazelnut Mug Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Fluffernutter Mug Cake
Pumpkin Mug Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting 

No comments:

Post a Comment