Sunday, February 16, 2014

Red Wine Ice Cream

Eric and I received an ice cream maker as a wedding present and we've already used it more times than you can imagine. I've made cookie dough ice cream from a mix, then vanilla and peppermint ice cream from a recipe. I wanted to post the peppermint ice cream, but Eric ate it all before I could take a picture.

Anyway, my best friend and her husband just bought their first house together and we wanted to give them a house warming gift. Since they are both wine lovers, I made them red wine ice cream using one their favorite wines, Apothic Red.

Let me tell you this, wine ice cream is freaking amazing. Maybe one of the best inventions ever.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt
1/2 cup wine

Directions:
Prepare your ice cream maker according to machine directions. Ours requires ice, salt, and a chilled canister.

Combine the milk sugar, salt, and wine. Stir in heavy cream. Place the mixture in your ice cream maker and churn for 1 hour or until the ice cream thickens.



Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Boozy Dessert Recipes:
Apple Cider Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Spiced Rum Frosting
Baileys White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy Rum Balls
Spiced Rum Brown Butter Cookies 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! We just got an ice cream maker and I'm obsessed...this is definitely our next one to make!
    - Lavende (www.lavendeandlemonade.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! Sometime this summer, I'm determined to make a margarita ice cream!

      Delete