Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cadbury Egg Bark (with homemade Cadbury Egg Recipe)


Eric licked his plate. That was how much he loved this Cadbury Egg Bark.

Easter candy is my all time favorite candy. Jelly beans, robin eggs, Cadbury eggs . . . I could eat my weight in the sugary goodness. So of course I bought us some Cadbury eggs, and I was kind of shocked by how expensive they had gotten. However, that only inspired me to make my own--which is surprisingly and remarkably easy! But I was too lazy to make them into eggs so I made them into bark. But this recipe will work to make eggs (see links at bottom of post).

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Yellow food coloring
12 ounces Cadbury milk chocolate (you can use other chocolate--I used Nestle, but I wished I would
     have used Cadbury), divided

Directions:
Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.

Place 6 ounces of the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour the melted chocolate on the waxed paper. Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate out to an 8x8 square (approximately--mine turned out more rectangle than square). Refrigerator for about 1 hour or until chocolate is hard.

While chocolate hardens, make creme. With an electric mixer, cream the corn syrup, butter, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Sift the powdered sugar and beat until well combined.

Place half of the creme in a second bowl. Add yellow food coloring (I used 5 drops) and combine.


Spread white creme over the hardened chocolate using a rubber spatula. Spread yellow creme over white creme using a rubber spatula. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.


Place the remaining 6 ounces of the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spread melted chocolate over the creme. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

With a knife, cut bark into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.








This link uses the same recipe to make Cadbury eggs using a mold.
This link uses the same recipe and doesn't require a mold.

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Easter Recipes:
How to Dye Easter Eggs with Kool Aid
Cupcakes Baked Inside An Easter Egg
Chocolate Bunnies Made with Edible Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment