Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blueberry Chocolate Chip Brunetties

So what is a brunettie? Short story: something my husband made up.

I told Eric I was making blueberries blondies and he asked why they were called blondies. I told him because they were like brownies but without the cocoa--so blonde instead of brown. But didn't that make them cookie bars? he asked. Same difference, I told him. Well, the discussion went in circles until Eric decided he would call them brunetties (I don't think I ever quite caught on to his rationale) but the name stuck. I even found myself referring to them as brunetties.

P.S. I can't wait to make these again with black cherries and raspberries.

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips,
1 cup blueberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch pan with tin foil then grease with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and stir. Pour the flour and salt and combine, but be sure not to over mix (this will make your blondies more tough than chewy). Fold in the chocolate chips and blueberries.

Pour batter into prepared dish. Smooth surface with a spatula so it's even.

Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the blondies brown and the center is set.





Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Bar/Blondie/Brownie Recipes:
Caramelitas
Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars (Twix Bars) 
Congo Bars, Blondies, or Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars?
Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies with a Strawberry Sauce
Michigan Cranberry Brownies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
Skinny Peanut Butter Brownies 

No comments:

Post a Comment