Sunday, December 1, 2013

Michigan Cranberry Brownies




Every October I go crazy with the pumpkin recipes. Well, I think from now on November is going to be my month to go cranberry crazy. I have always loved everything cranberry--cranberry juice, homemade cranberry sauce, cranberry jelly from a can . . . This year I'm coming across all kinds of cranberry recipes and I'm loving it--I want to try them all! So I started with this one to bring as dessert to Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. These brownies are so sweet and fudgy . . . then you bite into a cranberry and you get this pleasing tart taste that perfectly offsets all the sweetness. I love that I got to use locally grown cranberries too!


Ingredients:
4 ounces Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cup fresh whole cranberries, rinsed and dried

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with foil, leaving excess foil over the ends of the dish. Grease the foil with cooking spray.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on high. To ensure you don't burn the chocolate, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat as needed.

Stir the sugar into the mixture. Add the eggs and vanilla, and with an electric handmixer blend together on low. Add flour and combine. Gentle fold in the cranberries with a spatula or spoon.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs.

Allow to cool completely then use foil to remove the brownies from the pan. Cut into squares. Serve or store in an airtight container.





Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Brownie Recipes:
Brownie in a Mug
Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies with a Strawberry Sauce
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
Skinny Peanut Butter Brownies 

No comments:

Post a Comment