Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dark Chocolate Covered Cranberries

A Winter Thanksgiving
I have totally become addicted to these little things! You put them in your mouth and you have the sweetness of the chocolate, then you bite into them and you get this burst of tartness. I meant to bring a bunch of these to Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house, but instead they only got a small tasting because I could not stop eating them. Well, I should say my mom got a small tasting. After trying one, she put them aside and said "These are for me." I doubt my dad even got to try them.

I covered mine in dark chocolate, but you could do white chocolate, milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate. 


Ingredients:
2 cups fresh whole cranberries, rinsed and dried
1 cup dark chocolate chips (or any kind of chips you'd like)

Directions:
Line cookie pan with waxed paper.

Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on high. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat as needed until chocolate is melted.

Pour the cranberries into the melted chocolate and gentle stir with a spatula until all the cranberries are covered in chocolate. With a fork, transfer the cranberries one by one to the cookie sheet. Place into the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.






Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Fruit Recipes:
Yogurt-Covered Blueberries
White Chocolate Filled Raspberries
Chocolate Covered Cherries 
Candied Citrus Peels
Baked Apple Chips
Banana Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment