Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Orange Slices Dipped in Chocolate

I had oranges in the fridge, I had chocolate chips in the pantry, and I thought why not. I usually pack Eric a lunch for work and they've been pretty boring lately. I thought at least the chocolate covered orange slices would be a nice change. Now, he doesn't like salted chocolate or caramel. I, however, do. So I salted half the orange and left the other half plain chocolate.


Ingredients:
1 small orange
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used sem-sweet because that's what I had.)
Sea salt, if desired

Directions:
Peel the orange and carefully separate the slices. 

In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat as needed.

Dip half of each slice in the chocolate and place on a waxed paper lined plate or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt if desire. Refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened.

Eric said his little lunch surprise made him laugh--then he devoured them.



Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Fruit Recipes:
Yogurt-Covered Blueberries
Chocolate Covered Cranberries
White Chocolate Filled Raspberries
Chocolate Covered Cherries 
Candied Citrus Peels
Baked Apple Chips
Banana Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment