Thursday, December 11, 2014

Sugared Nuts

Just before Thanksgiving, we were over at my in-laws, and my mother-in-law had just been to Frankenmuth with her girlfriends. She had bought some cinnamon-sugared almonds that were amazing like all sugared nuts are. I decided to see if I could make them myself and was excited to discover how easy they were. I put out a bowl of them at Thanksgiving dinner and let's just say they were a favorite. (However, my baked apple chips seemed to be the most popular appetizer).

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 cups nuts (I used peanuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and the water until frothy.

In a second bowl, mix together the white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

In a large third bowl (or a large Ziplock bag), toss the nuts with the egg white until the nuts are well coated. Add the sugar-cinnamon mixture and toss until all the nuts are evenly coated.

Spread out the nuts on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through baking time.

Allow to cool before serving.

I also made some buffalo spiced nuts, but there weren't anything to write home about.


Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Appetizer Recipes:
Bacon and Cheese Deviled Eggs 
Cheese Puffs for Cheese Lovers!
Buffalo Chicken Dip 
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Parmesan Veggie Crisps 
Snowflake Tortilla Chips
Roasted Peas 

No comments:

Post a Comment